Danbury Fish & Game Association - Our History: 1912-2023
Founded in 1912 as the Western Connecticut Fish & Game Protective Association, and renamed the Danbury Fish and Game Association in 1950, we are the oldest Fish and Game Club in the State of Connecticut (incorporated as such in 1955).
In 1998, we were able to secure a 25 year lease with the City of Danbury for our current location on Hayestown Road, across from the beautiful Candlewood Park on the south shores of Candlewood Lake. The original building housed the Town Constable, which had been vacant for a number of years.
The Club members put together their own resources to make it into the fine building it is today. Today, we are a structured 501C3 non-profit corporation with by-laws, committees, and an annual election of officers. Most of our members are business owners in the Danbury area and we donate our time and funds to local charitable causes.
We sponsor an annual scholarship for a graduating high school senior in the greater Danbury/Candlewood Lake area. In 2023, this was renamed to the "Joseph Pepin /Danbury Fish & Game Memorial Scholarship", in memory of the late educator and friend to many in Danbury across all walks of life.
OUR CONSERVATION PLEDGE: We give our pledge as Americans to promote, defend and conserve our country's natural resources - its waters, wildlife, land, minerals and forests.
Founded in 1912 - A 501C3 Charitable Organization